Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Kona Update, Wednesday Part 1 Oct. 10

This is the day. The day when I get to tell Lindsey she is coming to Kona. I am so excited!

I started the day with a easy mile swim out to the boat with the Kona coffee they were giving to the swimmers. I didn't have any coffee, but the swim was great. There was bigger chop than Sunday but it was actually kind of fun - up and over the waves I went.

Today was one of the registration days. We were heading into get our packets and found Desiree Ficker hanging outside the entrace. Kona Kev said "Hey Desiree" and I said "Hi". What the heck else do you say? We also saw Normann again who was heading into register, just like the rest of us. What a great sport this is, even at the World Championship.

We headed to Lava Java to eat. We were starved. We scored a big table and invited another party to join us. Kev was then off to the airport to pick up his folks.

I was heading back to the car and while passing the Ironman Village heard a familiar voice coming from the loudspeaker. Is that Chris McCormack? It sure sounded like him. I went into the village and found a surprisingly small crowd surrounding the table where he was fielding questions from the crowd. Holy crap - he was right there. Jeez! How cool was this? I started taking pictures and then asked a question, "I saw your recent Inside Triathlon cover - what's next, GQ?" If you have seen it ladies, I suggest you do - he looks so HOT! He laughed and said that his wife asked him why he doesn't look like that all the time!

Alot going on today, look for Wednesday Part 2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.