Monday, March 3, 2008

102 miles on the Bike This Week!

The weather has been good this past week. I got in about 102 miles on my bike.

My first race is a Half Ironman at Lake Anna next month. It won't be a PR, but I want to finish respectfully. Last year the water was in the low 50s. If it's that cold, I will skip the swim and do the Bike/Run. I am a big wimp when it comes to cold water. That is why my first race last season was at White Lake, NC on May 5, where the water was in the low 70s - very nice!

I read something today about swimming in Inside Triathlon that I never heard before. Basically, it was a tip about how to use your hips to help power your stroke and make yourself "smaller" in the water. While I have worked on turning my hips from side to side as Total Immersion says, a lightbulb went off when I read (and was reminded) how golfers and baseball players generate power when they execute their swing. The power comes from their hips - not their arms. I am going to really work on that when I swim tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the owner of this blog. Ive enjoyed reading this topic.